Monday, March 13, 2017

Hopping in March with Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Welcome to the March Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop! If you arrived here from Gloria's blog, you are in the right place! If you just happened along, be sure to start at the beginning at the RRR Blog (I am the second stop this month, so you don't have far back to go!) so you don't miss out on the awesome projects, fun news, and a prize from Really Reasonable Ribbon! Our hop goes live at 6:30 AM Central.
Each 13th of the month it's the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog hop where we highlight the Ribbon Club! I love rainbow colors, and this month's selections just make me so happy! Take a look at this month's ribbon club package. Isn't it pretty?
If you really love ribbon and would like to have a wonderful assortment of ribbons sent to you automatically each month, just join the Really Reasonable Ribbon Club! Monthly ribbon club assortments are selected and pre-packed to reflect a specific theme, color, or holiday season.

Today's card uses a technique called Die Cut Masking. My good friend, Dina, has made a fabulous tutorial with written instructions, and also a video, so check it out and try it! I used painter's tape to cut my sentiment word, and then adhered the tape to my card. I sponged on top using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, and then stamped a flourish on top before removing the tape. All of my layers are held together with Scor-Tape.
I chose the beautiful Tropic Taffeta Ribbon from this month's assortment to make a three looped half bow. I embellished my bow with Earth Tone Trellis Roses and Open Roses.
I love the contrast of the shades of blue with the Kraft cardstock and Earth Tone roses!
Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comments! Now off to Cheryl's blog, where you will have a feast for the eyes!

There's a grand Spring Fever sale going on at Really Reasonable Ribbon until March 17th! Be sure to check it out!

11 comments:

  1. This is lovely!
    Thanks for the link for the technique.
    I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, Judy!! I love the soft color palette you chose. It makes me feel calm. Thanks for your always wonderful inspiration!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, this is such a lovely card! The shaped edge, the soft masked sentiment and the beautiful combo of blue and tan really works! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous Judy. I'm in love with your color palette. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! Love how soft this card is ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all need a bountiful bundle of roses with hope! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I like the die cut masking technique you used, the pretty ribbon and the gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! I love this ribbon. It is one of my favorites. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card. . .and thanks for the painter's tape masking idea from your sentiment. Doesn't this month's RRR collection offer so many possibilities?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!