Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Day I Painted Africa for a Butterfly

I have been playing in challenges at Splitcoaststampers again lately, and today's design was for three challenges:
  • Mix-Ability 143: What is in a Phrase
  • Hope You Can Cling To 1503: I Am a Warrior
  • Color Challenge 554: Eating Cake in the Breezy Meadow (Crumb Cake, Mossy Meadow, Baja Breeze) 
I painted a watercolor background using my Koi watercolor paints (my favorite new Amazon find - you can find them HERE), and when it was all said and done, it looked like Africa! So I decided to mist the paper again, and stamp a fern from the same set (Stampin' Up!'s Butterfly Basics) using Crumb Cake ink. Worked like a charm to use up that "ocean" space!
The watercolored butterfly was cut with the Butterfly Thinlits dies, and then sprayed with Gold Glimmermist for a pretty shimmer. The sequins are a new acquisition (also from Amazon) from Doodlebug. They have all sorts of colors within each of the 12 color families, including translucent and opaque.

I shop at Amazon a lot because it supports my favorite non-profit - Kearney Community Theatre. Right now I am rehearsing as the Ghost of Christmas Past for our Holiday show there, which opens in December. Check out Amazon Smile and support your favorite too! (If you don't have one, you are welcome to provide for the Theatre! :)

Thanks for stopping by today. I know there are a lot of blogs and sites and cards on Pinterest and Instagram for inspiration, and I appreciate your visits!

Follow me on Instagram @joy_in_a_jar and on Facebook HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!