Saturday, September 8, 2012

A French Garden of Blues

I have always loved the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers. It can be interpreted so many ways and it's fun to see where the inspiration pieces take people on their paper crafting journey. Today's site for inspiration was called French Garden House. I chose this tole painted tray as my inspiration piece and focused on the flowers.
Memento Tuxedo Black ink is my choice for black when coloring with Copics. The Copic Blending Cardstock by X-Press has such a lovely finish and prevents bleeding. Here are the Copics I used on this project today (BG09 and G94 are the Ciaos):
My flowers are from Flourish's With Gratitude set, available at i {heart} papers. After coloring I cut out with a Spellbinders die and added a mat of a larger size with some patterned paper from my stash (Oh my goodness, I have a LOT of paper -- and I love it!).
The pearl flourish is from Zva Creative. I found such a variety of designs in the Everyday Eclectic paper collection and the black and white vintage panel comes from that fun 6x6 pad by Echo Park. it's all held together with i {stick} papers tape and dimensionals from Zva. All those supplies can be found at i {heart} papers! Click on the photo for a close-up!  This card is standard A2 size and opens on the right, like a book. 
Other challenges for this card: 
Allsorts - Layers
Stamps: With Gratitude (Flourishes) 
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, X-Press Copic Blending CS, Everyday Eclectic DP (Echo Park) 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics B000, B21, B23, B34, BG09, G12, G24, G94, V15 
Accents: pearls & pearl flourish (Zva Creative), Spellbinders die cuts, velvet ribbon, Cuttlebug EF

2 comments:

  1. Totally delightful card Judy, the image is lovely and the pearls really compliment it.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Judy! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for my Layers challege x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!