Friday, August 31, 2012

Announcing..........!!

I am so pleased to make TWO announcements today - and this is the first! Stayed tuned later today for the second!
My wonderful friend Kate of i {heart} papers has asked me to take a spot on her Design Team and I am thrilled to announce that I have accepted! You can read all about it on her blog! In fact, she has a fun little contest going on through the weekend for the opportunity to win some blingy bling from Zva! BUT before you head over there, I hope you will take a look at my project today and see what you could win from ME! I have some yummy blog candy - a $10 i {heart} papers gift certificate - to give away to one lucky reader of this post!  Keep on reading to see how you can win!

My card today features one of Flourishes new stamp sets: With Gratitude. I love cone flowers, and this set is perfect for several seasons of the year, depending on how it's colored! I got out my Prismacolor pencils and made some deliciously purple cone flowers.
The image is stamped on X-Press Copic Blending Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used some Authentique designer paper and cut a frame out of it using a Spellbinders die. The designer paper was then layered on top of the stamped image panel. I added some gorgeous White Crepe Ribbon for a finishing touch.
Now, for the blog candy! To be eligible to win the $10 IHP gift certificate, just leave a comment on this post by Wednesday, September 5 at noon EST. Those who are followers of my new Facebook page (Joy in a JAR) will have two entries (just head over there and click "like"!). I will choose a random winner and post that name here on Thursday!

Thanks for stopping by today! I will be bringing all sorts of goodies from the IHP Store here every week to share with you!
Stamps: With Gratitude (Flourishes)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Prismacolor Pencils
Paper: Authentique DP, X-Press Copic Blending CS, River Rock, Lavender Lace, Elegant Eggplant
Accents: Snow Pearls (Kaiser), MS border punch, Spellbinders die cut, White Crepe Ribbon

Challenges for this card:
Totally Stampalicious - anything goes
Daring Cardmakers - Focus on Flowers 
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes 
Freshly Brewed - end of Summer  
Southern Girls - it's all about the flora


16 comments:

  1. Judy, this is gorgeous!!! Love your coloring ! Congrats on the DT spot:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new DT position! Your card is very beautiful and I love the coneflowers! Thanks so much for joining the Repeat Impressions challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the beautiful colors on the cone flowers. Your card is just lovely. Thanks for the tutorial too. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the DT spot with the awesome i {heart} papers gang. Your card is lovely! I have already been over to join you on Facebook. I look forward to seeing your creations.
    Marianne S.
    sthquilter at Gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be random! :) Lovely coloring, I need to pull out my prismas again soon! And have fun with your new DT position!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww congrats on your DT spot... so much fun to be had! Love your card and the flowers are coloured perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls. XOX Tania

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squeal!!! Congrats on your amazing DT spot! I'm sorta green :) Love your beautiful card. Thanks for joining in our Repeat Impressions challenge at The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!!! Also for second entery I'm also a follower on your facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS Judy!!!! Love the card and of course it being purple, just knocks it up about 100 notches in my book! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. Your work always inspires me and oh ye, I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Judy!! How did I miss this? Your card is beautiful!! Love the purple..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!!! I hope you are feeling better today too! Your cards are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, I love the colour scheme. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is so lovely! And I'm so happy to have you on board!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! Your card is lovely, gorgeous colour combo and very pretty image.

    Thanks for playing along in our "It's all about the Flora" Challenge.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Southern Girls DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!