Friday, August 3, 2012

Altered Comfort

Today I wanted to share a fun and easy gift box. This is a little box that I altered from a paper mache round container. I covered the outside with paper, using Scor-Tape to adhere the paper to the box.
I added lace trims and crinkled seam binding, along with pearl pin embellishments.
The paper ephemera is by K & Co. The lace trims I have had in my stash for awhile and the seam binding was purchased in an Etsy Shop.
The sentiment is from a Kit of the Month by Unity Stamp Co. I stamped on the designer paper, then cut out using Spellbinders Classic Heart dies.


I love baths with yummy scents, candles, and music - low lights - a little glass of something refreshing - and serenity kicks in! Pleasurable for all the senses!

This is a little gift set I made my my in-college daughter!


Stamps: May 2010 Store KOTM by Unity
Paper: Bo Bunny DP, Kraft
Ink: Blue Bayou, Antique Linen and Spun Sugar Distress
Accessories: crinkled seam binding (French Market), journaling tags and ephemera (K & Co.), Pretties kit (SU!), lace trims, Spellbinders heart dies, pearls (Kaiser and Basic Grey)

3 comments:

  1. I bet your daughter just loved getting this, I know I would have! Simply gorgeous! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Judy! This is so pretty and feminine! She will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!