Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Paris By Air

My niece and sister-in-law just completed a hot air balloon ride this week over the skies of Southern California. I think it sounds exciting, but I would be scared to death to do it!

This gorgeous collage stamp from I Brake For Stamps is available three different ways. I have used the
Large Paris Balloon Collage, which is 3 x 4". My card is 5 1/2" square. The Small Paris Balloon Collage is 1 3/4 x 21/4". Both are available in the beautiful Paris and Heart Collage Full Sheet (I have the hearts too, and love them!). I stamped on my designer paper (Tim Holtz Ideology) with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. Easy! 
Added a shabby seam binding bow with crocheted lace, a vintage button, and some paper roses for embellishments.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Challenges for this card:
Crafts and Me - ribbon
Divas by Design - anything goes
Just Keep on Creating - anything goes
Paper Shelter Challenge - vintage/shabby chic
Penny's Paper-Crafty - anything goes 
Scrapbook Sisters - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes 
Jackson's Digital Expressions - Anything Goes + Optional Twist Holtz It Right There (use anything Tim Holtz on your project) 
LEJ Designs - Ribbons Galore 
Ribbon Carousel Challenge - #55 Pinterest Inspiration Photo



Stamps: Large Paris Balloon Collage by I Brake For Stamps
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Paper: Tim Holtz Ideology, PTI Kraft, Not Quite Navy (SU!)
Accessories: crinkled seam binding, Ivory Crochet Lace (RRR), vintage button, paper roses (The Paper Studio) 

19 comments:

Marilyn (mlj-mlj) said...

Gorgeous card, Judy. Lovely ribbon, colors & image.

Rhonda Miller said...

Beautiful. I love the image.

Sheila H said...

That stamp is truly beautiful. Your bow is gorgeous. I could never make one like that, believe me. Thanks for joining I our challenge at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

Confiseries Papier said...

Judy, this is fabulous,such a lovely card.Loving the seam binding. Thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

Chana said...

Judy, your card is gorgeous. I took the time to go through your gallery and all of your work is just wonderful. Thanks so much for playing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions. I hope you will become a regular player.
Big Hugz,
Chana,DT Coordinator
JDE

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Wowzers!! Absolutely gorgeous card!! Love it!!

If you could though, please re-link your card to this post at the Simon Says Challenge Blog. You linked a card that you posted on Monday, by accident. I don't want you to miss out on the prize!! ;)

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Melanie said...

Such a beautiful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything goes" challenge & good luck in the draw…

Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges)

Abbie721 said...

Gorgeous card, love the image great colors. Thank you for joining us at LEJ this week xx

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

such an elegant card! just love the color combination and that ribbon is to die for!

Thanks for joining us as Jackson’s Digital Expressions this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Vicky

Joyce Owens said...

Judy, this is a very beautiful card, thank you for sharing your work with us at JDE.

mags said...

A beautiful card. The image is gorgeous and love the ribbon detail. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty challenges and good luck.
Mags
x

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card.Thanks for joining us this week at Diva's
Hugs
Jayne
x

Berni Cuttino said...

This card makes me want to travel to Paris, lovely. Thanks for joining in on the fun at JDE, DT Leader

Bente said...

Totally stunning card, thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenges this week.
Hugs, Bente

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

WOW! A really stunning card, I love the hot air balloon and that bow is just so beautiful. Thank you for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge
Lindsay xx

Christine said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Absolutely love it!! Thanks for joining in a LEJ Designs. Good luck. xx

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh my word, Judy! I love this! And congrats: saw that this made you a Top Spool at Ribbon Carousel. :)

New Nanny said...

Congratulations Judy. You have been chosen by our Design Team as a winner on our card challenge and are invited to appear for one week as a gurst designer on one of our challenges. Please e-mail me on scrapbooksisters@live.co.uk with your e-mail address and I will get in touch with you.
Hugs Julie xx

suzARTe said...

this card is just beautiful, I love the overall design and all the lovely embellishments go perfectly together.

Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)