Tuesday, November 22, 2011

All Puffed Up

Goodness! From the title it sounds like I might be talking about our neighborhood turkeys! We have anywhere from 8-20 turkeys roaming the neighborhood in the fall and winter. I think they are in hiding until Thanksgiving is over! November is quickly zooming by and 2012 will be here before you know it! 

Today I want to share a project I made using Really Reasonable Ribbon, some beautiful designer paper and a lovely Word Art sentiment by TLC Creations




I love wide ribbon! Sometimes I can't fit it into my design, and then have to choose a smaller width, but today's project incorporates one of my favorites: the 1.5 inch Black Gingham Ribbon:

Today I want to share a quick, little tutorial with you showing the way that I "puff up" my ribbon. I learned this from a friend awhile back, and I am sure there are other, and maybe even easier ways to do it, but this is how I do it!





First you will need a little handful of batting, some linen thread, and your ribbon of choice:

Tie off a section at the end, leaving room to fold under a layer of cardstock:
 Next, tie off a section with the thread and fill with a tiny bit of batting:
 Continue to tie and fill until you have as many "puffs" as you would like:
You can tack the openings shut with thread, or leave them open. One option for additional decoration is to add another contrasting ribbon or bow. Here I used Black Grosgrain with a white stitched edge:
Trim your thread ends, and cover the thread with pearls or another embellishment, or more contrasting ribbon all down the puffed piece. Fold the ends underneath a cardstock layer. All done!

Designer paper is the Mariposa Stack by DCWV.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Challenges for this card:
Create Me Pink Challenges - Use A Digi  
Creative Craft Challenges  - Free For All Week 
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations - Thank You
Paper and Such Design - No Colouring Stamp Stick & Go
Sassy Cheryl's - Anything Goes
The Stamping Boutique - Thanksgiving 
Use It Tuesdays - #20 Giving Thanks  (I hoard designer paper that has "pictures")


20 comments:

  1. What a neat idea, Judy! Thanks for the tip :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous technique and spectacular card Judy!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Judy! What a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing the technique as well. I've never seen that before, but it really add something special to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, this is beautiful! Thanks so much for the tutorial! I've GOTTA try this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy thank you so much for that awesome tutorial. I have never seen a ribbon done up like this but I love it and will try it. I have that same card stack and I'm just crazy about those papers. The colors, ribbon and your LO are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your tip and your beautiful card and thank you for joining us at Use it Tuesday-Haven

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card...and a fun technique! Glad you joined us at UIT this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and I LOVE the tutorial! What a fabulous card.
    I think you're right about the turkeys. Poor things. LOL
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's ANYTHING GOES challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love wide ribbon too, and love your tutorial, beautiful card.

    Thanks for joining us in Sassy Cheryl's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. That is a very cool ribbon technique. Thanks so much for playing with us at Use it Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card... FAB tutorial on the ribbon technique. Thank you for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors on this Judy - the pretty panels and fun ribbon technique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy this is awesome, Always glad to see a fellow Nebraskan, Fabulous ribbon technique. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous, Judy! Thanks for demoing the ribbon. I love all the elements of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tutorial on the "puffy" ribbon, Judy....I am anxious to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card and a fab tip for using ribbon thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge this time.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous....love the Mariposa stack, and the digi image fits just perfectly....

    Thanks for joining in on our challenge!

    www.CreateMePink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely beautiful, Judy! I just LOVE the pop of color amidst the soft neutrals! WOW! Thanks for playing along over at The Stamping Boutique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!