Thursday, July 7, 2011

Don't You Love Doilies?

I love doilies. All kinds! Crocheted (which I make!), paper (which I hate getting apart when all the little pieces go everywhere), fabric, stamped. Today's SCS Ways to Use It Challenge was to incorporate doilies in your design.

 
I chose to use a doily journaling die cut for my doily today. My sentiment is from a set called Butterflies Are Free by Rubbernecker Stamps. I based my card off of one by Dawn McVey in the March 2011 CARDS magazine.

I have a lot of "extras" around - journaling tags, plain tags, chipboard, tons of embellishments that I need to be using up! So I tried to incorporate some of those on this card.

Thanks for taking a peek! I appreciate each of you stopping to share in my work. Leave a comment so I can return the favor! Have a good day~

Other challenges for this card:
Divas by Designs - die cuts/punches
Scrapalicious - turquoise
Anything Goes Challenge - letter D (die cuts, distress ink)
Everybody-Art-Challenge - use shapes
Jac-Inks - die cuts plus texture
Dream Valley - ribbon
Catch the Bug - anything goes
Paper Take Weekly - anything goes
Try It On Tuesday  -  Flower Power
Craft Your Passion - anything goes
Hooked on Crafts -  flowers
Kaboodle Doodles - celebrations (anniversary)
Make it Monday - anything goes 
Sentimental Sundaysmust include a Sentiment -  Anything goes plus a sentiment

Stamps: Butterflies Are Free by Rubbernecker Stamps
Paper: Kraft, Cool Carribbean, The Paper Studio DP
Ink: Real Red, Antique Linen Distress (TH)
Accessories: grosgrain ribbon, tag die cut, journaling die cuts, slit punch, chipboard flower

13 comments:

  1. Really cute card, I love your doily and the colours are lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Hooked on Craft Challenges.
    *hugs* Sal x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. I love your colors and the layout is fabulous. Thank you for joining in the Divas by Design challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the strong graphic quality of this card. The colours are fabulous and very eye-catching and the dies and texture are created with flair. Thanks for joining us at jac-inks challenges Judy, I hope to see more of you lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is very pretty. Love the waves you created with the punch - nice idea!

    Thanks for playing with us at Scrapalicious Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful thanks for playing at Divas hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty colouirs, love the waves, very effective.

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, I love the blue and red colour combo and the doily is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything Goes this week. Hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those colours. They remind me a bit of the Basic Grey Blush, which was my all-time favourite. I like the scalloped layers and the big red flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great colour combo....and terrific layout. Visiting from Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cute. THANKS FOR JOINING BUGABOO AT CATCH THE BUG.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card, love the colour combination.

    Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card with lots of shapes and gorgeous colours.
    Thanks for joining EAC.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love the colors of this card; and that sentiment is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!