Thursday, July 21, 2011

Definition of MAGNET: "Tim Holtz"

Well, I am back from a fun-filled time in Chicago and CHA!  It was great to meet so many online friends for the first time, and to see other friends again! I didn't take my camera, as it is big and bulky and I wasn't taking a rolling cart (reminder to self: even if you know you should take one, but decide you don't need to, TAKE IT ANYWAY), so I only got a very few pictures on my phone. I know some friends that took some other pictures, so I may ask them if I can post here later.

Monday night I enjoyed Chicago-style pizza at Giordano's where Lori Tecler and I discovered our favorite new drink: Raspberry Something-or-Other. VERY refreshing in the hot, humid weather. :) Deb Felts and I finally got to meet here after years of online chatting! Thank you to Kate, Carolyn, Deb, Kendra, Lori, Lynn for a great time!
Tuesday morning I was at the entrance getting a good spot in line! I got there about 9:15. The show opened at 10, but by the time 10 AM came, this area, and mostly the huge area behind me was jammed!
I can't even tell you all the fun stuff I saw -- I am sure there are lots of pictures floating around, but I did take a few of Tim Holtz (magnetic personality - you can hardly get up close ha!) demonstrating his Distress Stains (of which I now own a tiny four colors). I hope to try out what he was showing us later this week. Remember these are phone pictures!
For my birthday present to me, I bought a ticket to see West Side Story at the Cadillac Palace Theatre on Tuesday night. The train ride downtown was fun, and it was a nice temperature by the time I walked from the train station to the Theatre. Not very busy either!


It was a great show and I was so glad I went!
Wednesday I browsed through the different booths and learned some new embossing techniques from Fran Seifert of Stampendous, and some Copic coloring tips from Colleen Schaan and Debbie Olson. 

Wednesday night was the i {heart} papers DT dinner at Cafe Zalute, which my dear friend (and owner!), Kate Baldwin invited me to attend. We had some delicious food and lots of good conversation. I hope to see that picture and post it here soon too.
Now back home, and lots to do before my daughter moves in three weeks! YIKES!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your pics...Hope I can go one day too! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!