Monday, January 10, 2011

What is the Temperature of a Penguin?

For today's Splitcoast Technique Challenge 307 Mojo Motivator Challenge . . . my good friend, Holly, is the hostess today and she had us choose one technique challenge, one color challenge and one sketch challenge from the past challenges. I loved this challenge - it made it so easy! (How many times can I say challenge in one paragraph?)
I chose:
TLC160 - Cuttlebug, The Negative Effect (so easy and a cool effect)
CC110A - Cool Caribbean, Whisper White Basic Black
SC276

My images are from Penguins and More available at I Brake For Stamps.This card measures 6" square. I stamped the penguins and sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink (the best!) and added Diamond Stickles to the bottom of the image for a sparkly snow effect. I sponged Cool Caribbean ink into my Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder and then ran my white cardstock through it. It picked up nicely and subtley! I have a large stash of snowflake stickers and love using them!
 
If you would love a discount at I Brake For Stamps, use my code to get 10% off! SAVE10JUDY

We have a snow day today and about 10 inches of snow on my deck with more coming down. It's 10 degrees with a windchill of -8. Balmy compared to the forecasted -25. BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!

As the snow was starting yesterday
This morning when I got up (look at my fire pit!)
 Joy #7: A beautiful snowfall, a warm fire inside and a SNOW DAY!  Teachers love snow days!

4 comments:

  1. I love your sweet penguin card! And I'm a little jealous of your snow! It's raining here and 38 - my fingers (and toes!) are crossed we can drop down a few more degrees! And! love your 100 Days of Joy, what a fun way to get to know you a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layering, the embossing, the DSP, the black and white simple image, you did a fantastic job witht his card - I mean a REALLY fantastic job on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy,

    This is simply splendid! Your image is adorable and I love the layout with your snowflakes. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy- these penguins are so cute! Love the wintery card you have here. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!