Monday, August 24, 2009

Another for Joanne!


My second to honor Joanne {jojot}, the SCS Featured Stamper this week!!

Joanne has so many incredible cards in her gallery, and I loved THIS ONE.

She said it was one of her old sets, and it's brand new for me! In fact, I cut out and mounted my Blossoms Abound (SU!) today just to make this card! I bought it when it retired, knowing I would love it and I do!

I changed colors and punch, added pearls and a sentiment. I used designer paper instead of a Cuttlebug EF.

Note to self: Don't EVER put the whole card together and then decide you need a sentiment -- it's too scary! (I could have totally messed it all up - but this time it worked!). This is a standard A2 card.

I hope you have a wonderful Monday! My daughter is auditioning today for a part in her high school musical. They are doing "Les Miserables" - my most favorite Broadway show ever. We won't know what part she got until Friday afternoon, so it's going to be a looooooong week!
Have a good one!


Stamps: Blossoms Abound (SU!)
Paper: Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, Textured Rose (The Paper Studio), Rose Romance (retired SU!), Basic Grey Bittersweet DP
Ink: Camomille Distress Ink (PTI), Rose Romance (retired SU!), Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Old Olive
Accessories: stamp-a-ma-jig, paper piercer, pearls (Kaiser), ivory satin ribbon (May Arts), Martha Stewart border punch, Pink Stickles
Techniques: piercing, sponging

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful Judy! I like the lilac flower and your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - love the image! Your card is beautiful & so elegant =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Beautiful, Judy! Good luck to your daughter with her audition! Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Judy! Love that gorgeous image and those lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Judy!! Love the colors, and the pearls!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome Judy...I love your card!
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. really gorgeous work....and good luck to your daughter.....hope she gets the part she wants

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Love the colours.

    Good luck to your daughter too
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so amazing Judy!! WOW!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your daughter gets a good part. I'd love to see the show sometime, I've only read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I lived in NYC, my rooomie went and saw Les Misarables 5 times (gotta love student discounts). I never did get to see it--the problem of working in theatre--you never get to see other people's shows. I hope it went well for Laura!!

    Such a pretty card--I love the colors--and the elegant embellishments!
    VERY Joanne and Very Judy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Judy this card is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Love the colours and design and if you hadn't said anything no-one would have realised that the sentiment was an after thought!!! Really beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Now I think I'll be casing YOU, because I have this paper and I love this card. I too bought this set when it retired. Just a beautiful card. Love the paper/color choice and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, that's always been one of my favorite sets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. I love all of the details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!