Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Xylophone Way

Now this was fun! How could you not love the name Flutter Clutter?

There were so many wonderful pieces to choose from for the SCS Inspiration Challenge 168 today. I decided to go a little whimsical and silly, and since I am a music teacher, I chose this xylophone as my inspiration. The ones at my school are just red and white and I don't think we have ever played "Stairway to Heaven" as the ad suggests, but I loved all these bright, fun colors! :)

There are three scored lines on the right that I made with my Scor-Pal. Stamps are from I Am The Way! by Our Daily Bread designs.

The computer issues are finally getting resolved, and although I lost everything on my desktop (I have a bad habit of saving things there and nowhere else...), I still have most everything. My husband is my hero! He bought me a new keyboard with a wrist guard so that my carpal tunnel won't be so irritating when I type! I am even learning some new programs that we didn't have before, and I just ordered PSE7 with a great half-off deal from Adobe.

And for a proud mama moment, my daughter was cast as Sally Brown in "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown" at her high school! I am thrilled for her and can hardly wait to see her go from this (the last role she played):




to this:










Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!


Stamps: I Am The Way! (ODBD)
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Whisper White, Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Glorious Green, The Paper Studio DP
Ink: Real Red, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, Glorious Green, Brilliant Blue, Black
Accessories: brads, white grosgrain ribbon, ticket corner punch, Scor-Pal, Sizzlit die (tags)

10 comments:

  1. What a fun color combination! Love how you used the tags !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, those tags make the perfect xylophone keys. I loved most of the toys in that part of the site, but I'd never have thought of something like that to do with them. I am pretty sure the one we had as kids was coloured like that, though I always preferred the sound of Dad's marimba.
    I love the Charlie Brown DVDs, though I don't think I know the one you mention. We have Snoopy the Musical - it was a great *excuse* to stock up on all the DVDs when I used to mind a friend's children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty!! I love rainbowy stuff always :) Congrats to your daughter too- mine was "The Little Red Haired Girl" - totally typecast :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so very cool!! Just love the bright colors! Those brads add the perfect touch to it!! CONGRATS to Sally Brown!! :) How fun!! Enjoy your weekend friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your daughter.....and just had to say...you really outdid yourself with this card...love every detail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is a beautiful young lady. Tell her to break a leg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling card!! I love how cute and colorful it is!!

    Good grief...Laura sure stays busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! This is awesome the way you did the words and all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, so different and so meaningful!
    Congrats to your lovely daughter, what a fun part to play...just got to love the Peanuts gang!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!