Saturday, February 7, 2009

Jazzy Inspirations~ and Some Blog Candy!

Two weeks ago, I was chosen as "Jazz Cat of the Week" over at Jazzy Inspirations. If you love jazz music, and want to play in a fun inspiration challenge, head on over there today! As Jazz Cat of the Week, you are a Guest Designer for that week's challenge. The week I was chosen I was at CHA, so I couldn't play along. But this week I did and it was a lot of fun. My son is a Jazz Studies major (trumpet), and we listen to a lot of jazz in our house, so this weekly blog challenge is a perfect one for me!

Our album for inspiration this week is by Grant Green. The colors we worked with were Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, and Whisper White.

You can see all of the Design Team's creations HERE. Tenia is even giving away some blog candy this week for one lucky participant! Read all about that HERE.

For my card, I chose to use a layout similar to the album cover. I had a stack of chipboard hearts in my stash, and thought it would work to use one of them for my main design. I scored a border using my Scor-Pal, then stamped the image from Happy Harmony (Stampin' Up!) in the corner (where the album title was). I then used one of Basic Grey's new rub-ons for my main image on the heart. I liked the look of this distressed flower against the stark white of the card base. I added some brads and ribbon, distressed the edges, and was done!

For another chance at some great Blog Candy, visit Anita's blog HERE. Today is the deadline, so hurry on over! Have a great Saturday!!

18 comments:

  1. How cocl and very pretty Judy. I like these colors and the heart is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny, I *just* went to this blog for the first time, and then I visit you and there you are getting all jazzy too! What a fun idea for a challenge! Your card is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very cool!! Love your colors and your beautiful image! :) The score lines add so much interest! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is way awesome!! Thanks for being the Jazz Cat of the Week over at Jazzy Inspirations!!

    Tenia:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a classic-looking card. love the black flower & your scored frame

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative, and I didn't notice that was a rub on until I read thru your post.....very elegant card...TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I can't believe that the flower in the center of the heart is a rub-on! Very cool!

    I saw your comment on my blog and thought I would pop by and say hello and tell you that I am in Omaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just too cool!
    I love the black flower--and the way the card relates to the Inspiration Piece.

    Beautiful card, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Judy~ I love the colors and awesome shading on your heart! I left you something on my blog! Hugs~ Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card created from your inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO cool! I love love love it!! Hope you have my addy...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!