Wednesday, February 4, 2009

CPS Sketch 101

This week Our Daily Bread designs is sponsoring the Card Positioning Systems sketch 101.
If you would like to play along, link your card HERE.

Be sure to check out what the ODBD DT did as well! Their links are in the left sidebar of my blog.
Here is my card for the CPS sketch:

I used the new February release I Am the Way! from ODBD. My designer paper is a retired pattern from Stampin' Up!. I used a little ribbon slide from my stash (really not as dark as the picture) which says 'faith'. My ribbon is Stampin' Up! Kraft Tafetta. I painted my lily with Angel Wings Shimmerz. The sentiment is stamped in Certainly Celery ink, and the whole card is layered on River Rock cardstock. Pearls by Kaiser.

Many of you know that I am not a native Nebraskan and hope to get back to the West someday. But on mornings like this, I do appreciate the skies in the Plains. My husband took this a couple of days ago about 7:00 a.m. And no, I didn't PhotoShop the colors - this is how it came out!
This is looking out our front yard across the street to the Park that is across the street from our house:
Enjoy your day!

19 comments:

  1. I like your blog banner.
    Stunning sunset. I got a picture of one like that recently, but I'd have to confess it was to do with the exposure, it certainly wasn't as spectacular IRL1.
    And, of course, a lovely card. I think I will be humming "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life" all morning. Still, it's no bad thing to meditate on the truth :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color, dp and the Faith ribbon slider!! BEAUTIFUL!

    Your photo is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a picture!!!!!! amazing! beautiful card, love that flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!!!!!!! Wow, that is an awesome picture!! The card is beautiful, also, but I am so distracted by that beautiful sunset!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, love the colors and the metal sentiment!!!!

    The sunset is stunning...across the street? WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous sunrise almost looks like a sunset in it's beauty! Your husband takes great pics1

    I just love how you designed your card for the challenge; the colors and details are beautiful and I love the verse! It is one that reminds us of Christ's promise to us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creation is just amazing!! So gorgeous!! :) Love your picture of the skyline!! You banner is so nice too!! :) TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Judy!!! Love the color and the way you did the ribbon and slider!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is just gorgeous Judy!! Love the greens!!

    And the photo your DH took of the sunrise is fantastic. I actually have a couple sunrise photos like that too. We get awesome sunrises and sunsets here in central California. Only because of the smog though...*grin* Guess there has to be something good to be said about our poor air quality...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so gorgeous!!! I haven't been around in awhile but glad I stopped in again.. Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sunset, beautiful card. And I love how you used the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Card Judy! Love the color and the pearls

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an AMAZING sunset. Those colors are just breathtaking! Love this ODBD card too. :-) Hope your carpal tunnel has been better!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is gorgeous. The background colors go so well with the image. And your photo is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Judy I love the colors and the flower is wonderful. Awesome job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are so beautiful, you have a fan in me, I love your work!! Also, your husband took a gorgeous sunrise pic!! The colors are sooooo fabulous! That must really be something to wake up to that!!! Lovely!
    Ret

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to win this set! Thank you for the opportunity - twice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Something went wrong with my 1st comment.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!