Friday, July 25, 2008

I Love Pink!

There is something about pink that just makes me feel good. There are other colors that I love, but pink really lifts my spirits. Today I chose my ribbon for my card first, and it is a beautiful coral pink color with a little bit of a white thread running through the middle. It's organdy ribbon that I got at Hobby Lobby for $1 (half off!) and I love it! Today was the first day to use it, and I chose a "Dare to Get Dirty" Challenge at Splitcoaststampers, "It's All About the Ribbon" to inspire me and get me going. Pretty pink ribbon and stamping - what could be better? To view the challenge, you must be a SCS Fan Club member, so I am not listing the link here. I chose another DTGD Challenge, hosted by my good friend Holly (aka Toy) for the sketch.

Here is what I came up with:

I used a verse from the set "Sing to the Lord" by Our Daily Bread Designs. Since I am a music teacher, this set is perfect for me! The ribbon determined what papers and colors I would use.

Stamps: Sing to the Lord by Our Daily Bread Designs
Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Rose Romance (retired), Pretty in Pink, Basic Grey DP
Ink: Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Paper Frills by Doodlebug, Primas, mini white brads, Cuttlebug EF, Marvy Scalloped Oval punch, organdy ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

Thanks for stopping by today!

12 comments:

  1. I love your card. I've never seen fine organza ribbon with stitching in it like that before. And it was that range of Basic Grey that really got me into them - a gift from a friend.
    I like the sentiment too. I should have been practicing piano today for accompanying DH in a French-speaking church on Sunday. But today all the music was in my heart - tomorrow it will have to move out of my heart and into my fingers :-)
    Hope Fiona is settling in well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh see I love this Judy. Your scripture is wonderful and so is the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Catching up reading your blog after my company left.

    Happy belated Birthday.

    Congratulations on Fiona. She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Judy!! Love the ribbon!! And pink usually makes me just *sigh*. Well, soft pink. Bright magenta makes me squint!! LOL Lovely, lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card! I love all the little details you added and the ribbon you used it great! I can't believe you got such a deal on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a soft and beautiful card. The ribbon is amazing! Good find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. I like how delicate it looks. The ribbon is beautiful and a bargain for a buck.

    I came for a visit from SCS blog thread.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Heather
    scrappinmominky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card and the sketch too!!! Great job!!!

    Visiting from SCS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy, truely amazing and beautiful not to mention I love the sentement. Wonderful work girl

    Billie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy, I love pink too, and I didn't even realize it until recently when I noticed almost all the cards I'd been making recently had pink in them! I LOVE this card! It is so soft and beautiful. The embossed bkgrd is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the ribbon challenge! I like your colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!