Sunday, April 6, 2008

You Can't Go Wrong....


.....with this set! I generally have good success with Baroque Motifs by Stampin' Up! It just makes great designs - all by itself! This card was made for today's SCS Featured Stamper Challenge HERE. Kristi has a great gallery and I loved browsing this morning with my "spot" of tea. (Getting ready for that trip.....) I cased THIS CARD of Kristi's.
I kept the layout and overall feel of the card. I changed:
papers
colors
left off the sentiment and scallops
moved my gems for contrast in color

I stamped my medallions on glossy white, punched them out and then sponged the edges with Basic Gray ink.
Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Paper: DP by The Paper Studio and Black Tie by Basic Grey, Ruby Red, Going Gray, Glossy White
Ink: Ruby Red, Basic Gray
Accessories: gray brads (The Paper Studio), red gems (CTMH), scallop punch, sponge dauber
Techniques: sponging

It's Never Too Late

to share the credit

The temptation is always to take credit.
Especially when you deserve it.
But sharing it can be even more satisfying.
It rewards,
It encourages.
It's an investment in the future.
And the reflected glory often brings a warmer glow.

Now I am off to collect some giraffes......it may take awhile, but I hope you will come back and see some of the rubber stamps I have. I am sure I won't get them all in -- but we will give it a shot!

Also, check back later today for a great inspiration piece!

Edited later:
Ok, here are some of the non-Stampin' Up! giraffe stamps I have.
Most have been gifts, although some I have purchased myself. The VERY first stamps I EVER bought way back in the 80's were from Alextamping. I bought a little man, some flowers, and this giraffe:

It still stamps great too! I am always on the lookout for new, cute giraffe stamps. There is one from High Hopes that I have to have......some day!

(my friend Jules made me that siggy! Isn't it perfect for me?)

16 comments:

  1. oh wow! I wish my baroque cards turned out as well!

    But I love the giraffe stamp collection. Thanks so much for sharing it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!! And wow, that is a lot of giraffe stamps! They are all adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he he he your giraffe stamp collection looks like me donkeys! YOu might like a site I just found - http://www.wildlife-ent.com/store/Default.asp They have some really cute giraffes
    I have nothing to do with them, besides spending some change there! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your giraffe collection. Cute. And I have to agree...that stamp set is perfect in so many ways...I use it a lot...probably too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a collection of giraffes! i've been looking for a cute little giraffe for baby cards, haven't found one i could live without though

    your challenge card is beautiful, i love the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE giraffes too! What a great collection you have!

    Jessica Lynn
    http://www.jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy smokes that is a lot of giraffe stamps.... EEK... Now where are all the cards with these raffe's? Stac

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Judy!!! I love the red/gray combo...never used it...now I'll have to!! Love, love, love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ihave pine trees-dozens of them. and leaves. now I am collecting gnomes, trolls and little peoples. but not fairies. I also love houses and cottages. I would love an english or irish pub to add to them. too many stamps-and probably too much money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Baroque card is beautifully done!! ...and look at all those giraffe stamps!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful card! Love the colors and layout. Great work!~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the Baroque Motifs card...I've been wavering on getting that set for so long, and I think I finally will!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How, I don't know, but I have NEVER thought of stamping that medallion from Baroque Motifs and using the Scallop punch with it! I must try that soon!

    www.stampwithdesiree.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your baroque card and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops! I entered before I was done... So many cutie-pie giraffes! Maybe you'll get another for your birthday...?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!