Saturday, April 12, 2008

Craft Show Finds and Some Pie for You!

You know, sometimes I go to these craft shows and am out in 30 minutes. Everything looks the same -- everything is more than I want to spend....you know how that goes. But today was a whole different story. It's a good thing I took cash only, because there were so many unique things there today! Not to mention all the fantastic foods and samples that you could try. So I guess for brunch I had a green chile tamale, soft cinnamon pretzel, spicy BBQ sauce and a chip, spicy mustard and a pretzel, homemade pumpkin bread, and a lot of water! Now, each of those things was only a tiny sample, so I think I did pretty good!

I came home with a delightful screen door find. The screen had been taken out and wire strung across the opening back and forth in diamond shapes to make this awesome open frame where you can pin up pictures -- or CARDS! It came with a bag of mini clothespins. And was so cheap! So home it came - and right into my family room next to my stamp room door. I will use it to hang cards for awhile, and then probably switch to pictures and then back to cards! The bottom of the door is painted dark brown, but I think i will change that and stamp on it with Roses in Winter or something else wonderful. I will take a picture when I have it all filled up. I also bought some photographs, and a wonderful little hanging garden. I had to make the rounds twice to make sure of my priorities as there were many many things that wanted to come home with me!

So -- back home and ready with this easy pie for dessert tonight. Here you go - I hope you will try it as it has a really nice tart and tangy flavor.

KEY LIME MARGARITA PIE


Ingredients
1-1/4 cups crushed pretzels
1/4 cup sugar
6 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lime juice
1 env. KOOL-AID Lemon Lime Unsweetened Soft Drink Mix
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided

Mix crushed pretzels, sugar and butter. Press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to fill.

Combine condensed milk, lime juice and drink mix in large bowl until well blended. Remove 1/2 cup whipped topping; set aside. Gently stir in remaining 2-1/2 cups whipped topping. Pour into crust.

Freeze 6 hours or overnight. Let stand at room temperature 15 min. or until pie can be cut easily. Garnish with reserved whipped topping before serving. Store leftover pie in freezer.

POINTS® Value: 7 (kind of a costly dessert if you are on Weight Watchers! But WORTH IT!)
Servings: 8-10
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 6-8 hours in freezer

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes you can find the most amazing things at craft fairs.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your craft show find sounds awesome, Judy! Please do post a picture when you get it to look the way you want!

    The pie recipe is great, too! Funny... I just made a Margarita Cheesecake earlier this week to take to dinner at a friends house! It was scrumptious! Isn't that a neat idea to use pretzels for the crust? Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious!! Thanks for posting the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your "find" from the fair!

    Yummy pie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!