Friday, March 28, 2008

It's Never Too Late......

I found a wonderful little book during my trip last week to North Carolina. It's called "It's Never Too Late" by Patrick Lindsay. I am usually not one for motivational and inspirational stuff. I find it a little cheesy. But I did like this little book. So I thought I would share maybe one entry with you now and then. If you find it too cheesy :) scroll on down and see my card for today!

It's Never Too Late

to fly a kite

Embrace the freedom.
Find the child in you.
Ride the wind.
Abandon yourself to its rhythms.
Feel the wonderful lightness.
And the underlying power.

"Remember a kite flies against the wind." -- Anonymous
(The picture is of my daughter in Wisconsin last May)

I bought these Scrapbook Stitches from Making Memories a long time ago. I loved the bright colors and thought I would embroider with them on cards. Today I opened them for the first time! Obviously haven't stitched with them yet!

Flowers are watercolored using pads and reinkers and an aqua brush. Each panel is raised on dimensionals. I used my Rolodex punch for the top.
Stamps: Sentiment by Inkadinkadoo, Flowers by Hero Arts
Paper: GP White, Lovely Lilac, Pink Passion, Stamping Station DP
Ink: Lovely Lilac, Marigold Morning, Pink Passion, Certainly Celery, Green Galore, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray (thank you Betty!)
Accessories: pearl gem brads (thank you Jessie!), ticket corner punch, Rolodex punch, and my unloved embellishment: Watercolor Brite Scrapbook Stitches by Making Memories
Techniques: watercolor
Thanks for stopping by to fly a kite with me!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! And I love the poem, it's a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! and Great picture! I'm not too good with bright colors...way out of my comfort zone! You did great with it! Cherry and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So springy and pretty. I love the picture your your daughter and the kite. The inspirational saying is great too. Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the rolodex punch - better than the SU one actually. Are they available at office supply stores? Great card and a great post!

    (And, I loved the kite picture)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty card. Love the bright stitches and the notebook edge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!