Thursday, January 31, 2008

Beehives and Buttons!


I must really be wishing for spring or something -- with this BEE kick I am on! Ha!
I ordered some really fun stamps from Hambo Stamps last week. They have a great sense of humor and some fun images! Check them out and be sure to say "Judy sent you!" I had the hive and sentiment waiting for the right idea to formulate, when the SCS Color Challenge this week was Yoyo Yellow, Going Gray and Basic Gray. I knew right away that I wanted to try my new Hambo stamps with it! My sister had given me a hive background stamp for Christmas, and I wanted to get that in there too~
I stamped the images in Black Stazon, and then colored them with SU! markers. I punched three scallops and then cut them in half for the left border, and layered two others under the sentiment circles at the top. I have oodles of Primas and really need to use them more -- I found just the colors I was looking for, and voila! A fun thinking of you card!

Stamps: Beehive and Sentiment by Hambo Stamps; Background Hive by Stamper's Anonymous
Paper: Bazzill Textured Gray, Going Gray, Whisper White, Yoyo Yellow
Ink: Black Stazon, Yoyo Yellow, Creamy Caramel, Certainly Celery, More Mustard, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Primas, flower brads, scallop punches, corner rounder, grosgrain ribbon

I love my watermarks - I have about 6 or 7, I think, because I like to use different ones depending on the style of the project. I had Mama Dini make several of them for me. If you need or want one, please check out her site, as she does great work and her prices are so reasonable (starting at $1!). My friend Juliana had a new button on her blog, so I went to check it out. Low and behold, Mama Dini made it! I am proud to display it here and in my sidebar as well. If you are a CSSC and would like to add this button to your blog or site, check it out HERE.

7 comments:

  1. I just love the colors! And the scallops are really adding to the piece. Nice honeycomb ON THIS card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card! I SO could not pull off this color challenge--you made out famously! I love this stamp and especially the sentiment, how adorable! Definitely a fun change from the basic thinking-of-you card. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the scallops on the side...clever...

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI JUDY

    this is so cute I love this card, and the little giraffe below with his mommy is to die for. so cute and great lil blog.

    Billie

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute card. Love the layout! Wonderful job with those colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!