Monday, June 11, 2007

Grout and About


What a fun SCS Technique Challenge today -- Grout Free Tiling (Faux Tiles). You can read about it here. I had a lot of fun with this challenge.
I wanted to use the new Palette O' Prints papers and I made my "frame" first, by punching out 1/2 squares of each of the colors I have now (more in the new catalog!). After the squares were laid out, I colored and stamped by flowers, then glued down the squares. I layered this piece on the Certainly Celery piece and then on the Amethyst Prints paper. Finally all of that was attached to a piece of Almost Amethyst cardstock. After adding the flower brads and the Prima flower, I used Crystal Effects on each square to make it look like a shiny tile. It dries pretty quickly, and I was able to then add my tag with a Dimensional.
There are some great examples of this technique in the Gallery. Check them out and give it a try!
Now to go out and about running errands....

2 comments:

  1. What a neat-looking card! It definitely looks like little tiles. Nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic card! Wow! Love the colors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!